8th Grade Lagoon Day - May 25, 2021
May 25th Schedule
7:30 a.m. Students bring to 1st period: bus ticket, digital Lagoon ticket (if purchased online) or $37 to purchase ticket at the gate and lunch money. Students will remain with their class until 8:40 (or until called to auditorium).
8:40 a.m. Teachers will escort classes to the auditorium and will be seated by their assigned bus color group.
*Educational release and online students will go directly to the auditorium at 8:40.
8:50 a.m. Groups will load buses by assigned bus color. Please see the Lagoon Guest Expectation List for mask protocol at the park. Roll will be taken and buses will depart for Lagoon.
4:45 p.m. Students will leave the park and will come to the bus loading area.
5:00 p.m. Lagoon closes. Roll will be taken and buses will depart promptly at 5:00 p.m.
6:00 p.m. Buses arrive at DPMS. Parents drive students home from DPMS.
TO ATTEND LAGOON DAY: (the field trip is optional)
- Complete a Permission Slip and Purchase a Bus Ticket
- Permission slips and bus tickets are available online May 11th thru May 21st. They will NOT be available after May 21st.
- The cost of a Bus ticket is $7 and can be purchased online:
- To ride the same bus as a friend: purchase a ticket for the same bus color.
Bus colors: Yellow, Purple, Grey, Gold, Blue, Pink, Green, Peach & Orange.
Students must ride the bus color assigned on their ticket. All bus selections are final.
- Students NOT riding the bus home: Please specify this on the permission slip.
- Students transported independently to Lagoon: Check out in the Attendance office. These students will not be considered under the supervision of the school.
Purchase a Lagoon Ticket ($37 online at Lagoon’s website or at the gate)
- Student tickets can be purchased in advance online. Tickets are $37.00 (including tax).
- Tickets purchased with the School Day Discount are only valid for use on May 25, 2021.
X-Venture Zone attractions (Skycoaster, Double Thunder Raceway, and Catapult) are not included with the Single Day Passport Ticket. Lagoon-A-Beach will not be open.
- Go to Lagoon’s Website, enter the Promo Code SCHOOLS21, and select “School Day Student.”
- Students with digital tickets purchased online will go directly to the Entrance Gates.
- Students needing to purchase a ticket in person will go to a ticket window at the park entrance.
- If a student already has a pre-purchased season pass to Lagoon, that ticket WILL be valid on DPMS Lagoon Day. No additional ticket will need to be reserved.
- Lunch and spending money are the responsibility of the students.
Our students are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful, responsible, and safe manner. Once at Lagoon, students will be excused from the bus by their supervising teachers. At this point, students are free to enter the park, ride, roam, and enjoy the day. All regular school rules of appropriate behavior are enforced during this activity and while at Lagoon. This also includes dress code. Students are not allowed to leave the Lagoon premises. Students are cautioned that Lagoon Day is considered a school day and should behave accordingly. Lagoon security officers and Farmington Police Department will maintain order in the park. Approximately 20 DPMS teachers, including at least one DPMS administrator, one guidance counselor, and our DARE resource officer will be at Lagoon with the students.
IF STUDENTS ARE NOT ON THE BUS BY 5:00 PM, THEY WILL BE LEFT BEHIND AND WILL NEED TO MAKE ALTERNATIVE ARRANGEMENTS FOR TRANSPORTATION FROM LAGOON TO THEIR HOME. THE BUSES SHOULD ARRIVE BACK AT DPMS BY APPROXIMATELY 6:00PM. YOU WILL NEED TO ARRANGE FOR TRANSPORTATION FROM THE SCHOOL TO YOUR HOME.