Parents & Students,
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time. DPMS teachers are working hard to provide meaningful activities during this two-week school closure. They have created a number of learning activities reviewing content and have provided opportunities for students to maintain their literacy skills of reading and writing.
• Students can find all their learning activities on their CANVAS accounts. When students log into their CANVAS account, they can see all their core and elective classes.
• Learning activities should be done on CANVAS. There is no need to print out any work.
• Teachers will provide feedback to students right on CANVAS.
• Learning activities are a review and essential for keeping students active and engaged in their learning but they are not graded.
• Students may also make up missing work from their current unit.
• Teachers will be checking and responding to email twice a day.
• Team teachers will be providing a newsletter weekly. The first newsletter will go out no later than Wednesday morning at 8 am. After that, team newsletters will go out on Monday morning.
• In keeping with social distancing, teachers will only be available online.
• The school is open this week for students to get items out of their locker but the building will not be open next week; at that time, only the main office will be accessible.
• Administrators and counselors are available by email.
• If a student does not have a device in the home, they can call their assistant principal and the school will provide a Chromebook for students to use during this time.
6th grade assistant principal: email@example.com
7th grade assistant principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
8th grade assistant principal: email@example.com
• We do not have the availability to check out a Chromebook to all 1600 students. These are intended for those students in need.
• Parents will need to complete some paperwork and there is a 24-hour turn-around time to pick up Chromebooks.
• Chromebooks can be picked up in the main office between 8 am – 2 pm.
• If technology is not an option, please come into the main office to get a hard copy of the learning activities. Using CANVAS is the best option for students to receive feedback.
School lunch is available at Willow Springs Elementary between 11:30 am – 12:30 pm.
If schools remain closed past two weeks, the district will look at presenting new material online.
Information and updates are coming in quickly from the State and District. DPMS is committed to sharing new information with you as we get it. As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions.