“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination
and life to everything.” - Plato
Just a reminder that it is never to late to choose music at DPMS! If you would like to have a music class as one of your electives next year, please go to http://goo.gl/forms/cIDPCh3FFO.
- DPMS needs hard working sweepers – you need to be 14 years old or older, willing to work 2 – 2 and a half hours after school and have approved identification. Pick up an app. From Head Custodian Les Brown.
- 3 on 3 Basketball Intramurals – the District Tournament will be held March 24th – 26th at Jordan H. S. 8th grade will compete on March 24th, 7th grade on March 25th, and 6th grade on March 26th. Good luck, Vikings.
- Soccer Intramurals Meeting – Monday, March 23rd, 2:30 in Mr. Jatioui’s classroom (1316). All soccer players need to attend this meeting!
- The next Student Council Meetings: Tuesday, March 24th. These are grade level meetings. 6th in Vidal’s room, 7th in Lee’s, 8th in Mickelson’s.
- Girls on the run Utah – Friday’s, from 3:15 – 5:00 at Summit Academy For girls in grades 6 – 8. Scholarships possible. Come join in the fun!
- DPMS Art Contest – Submit your artwork to Mrs. Schott or Mrs. Thompson, by March 31st. 10 finalists will be chosen and then everyone will get to vote for the top 3 finalists. The 3 winners will receive $50 and have their art displayed in the school indefinitely.
- DPMS College Day/Night: College Apparel Day, March 31st – wear your favorite College/University gear and/or colors. The “best dressed” student will win a prize. #College Night, March 31st, 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Bring your parents, meet college representatives, plan your future and win great prizes. Indian Hills will also be participating with us.
- Student Council Elections - current 6th and 7th graders wanting to be on Student Council next year, information will be available in April for the elections, which will be held in May. 8th graders running for Student Body Officer at Corner Canyon High School, election skits must be submitted by April 1st. 5th graders are being interviewed by current Student Council members and may be selected for next year’s 6th grade Student Council.
- Club picture day and Spring Photo Day is March 27th.
- DPMS Mountain Bike Team: Parent and Rider meeting – Monday, April 13th, 6:00 pm. Flyers and more information will be coming soon.