The Draper Park Middle School Community Council consists of nine parent members voted in for a two-year term. The purpose behind the community council is to build consistent and effective communication, to allow parents an opportunity to be actively involved in their children’s education, and to enhance academic excellence at the school.
The council meets the second Wednesday of each month with the exception of holidays and December, June, July, and August. Meetings will begin at 3 pm.
For the 2019-2020 school year, four members will be returning for their second term, which leaves five openings for this school year.
This note is to invite you to place your name on the SCC ballot! If you are interested, please send:
1. Your name (as you would like it to appear on the ballot),
2. Please write a short paragraph (150 words or less) letting people know who you are and why you are running for SCC
3. Your phone number (this will not be on the ballot),
4. Your Email address (this will not be on the ballot), and
5. Your student’s name that will be attending DPMS next year. The only stipulation for being on the council is having a child attending Draper Park Middle at the time of elections. (This will not be on the ballot)
Names are due to the principal, Mary Anderson, by August 2, 2019.
To submit your information, you can mail it to:
Draper Park Middle School
13133 South 1300 East
Draper, Utah 84020
OR email it to email@example.com. Please be sure you receive a reply stating your request has been received.
Ballots will be mailed in conjunction with the online registration information. Voting will take place from August 6th – 15th. The ballot box to collect the votes will be placed in the main office at Draper Park Middle. School staff will highlight the name of each parent voting then parents will drop their ballot in the ballot box. Ballots must be returned to the ballot box no later than 7:30 pm on August 15th, the evening of Back To School Night.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email Mary Anderson or call the main office at (801) 826-6900.
Draper Park Middle School Community Council